Is knitting your happy place when you need to decompress from a busy day. Do you find knitting calming and relaxing? The many positive effects of knitting or crochet for adults can also help children develop a lifelong creative outlet and encourage them to disengage from their electronic device. Knitting increases mobility and dexterity, helps stimulate brain cell development as well as improves a child’s sense of personal responsibility, focus, creativity and persistence. What’s not to love about knitting!
To help spark a love of knitting, Joeriaknits is launching a limited-edition beginner’s knit kit for those starting their knitting journey! Each project bag was designed and sewn by me and has everything you need to knit your first project, including yarn and a pattern. At Joeriaknits we want to help new knitters find a fun and beneficial activity they’ll love for life.
Each knit kit has everything you need to complete an easy mini-stocking ornament and includes the following:
- 1 handcrafted project bag 24 cm X 23 cm (9.5 inches wide by 9 inches tall)
- 1 set of kids knitting needles in size 4.5 mm (US 7) and 18 cm (7.25”) long
- I set of yarn snips by Viva Infinite
- 2 plastic darning needles by John James
- 10 Knitter’s Pride Amour heart shaped stitch markers
- 1 Knitter’s Pride Zooni Stitch Marker
- 2 buttons for stocking ornament
- A small tin to hold knitting notions
- 1 retractable animal character measuring tape by Sew Tasty
- Red and white yarn to make one mini stocking ornament
- Pattern for knitting a mini-stocking ornament
As a part of my commitment to support drug addiction recovery in Canada, I am donating 100% of the proceeds from the sale of each Knit Kit to the Cedars Society at Cobble Hill on Vancouver Island, B.C. If you are interested in learning more about why I am so passionate about addiction recovery, please read my blog post from last year called Nine Stories of Hope.
The pattern for these stockings, which is included in the Knit Kit, was tested by our knit group, including a beginner knitter. Everyone said the pattern was easy to follow. My friend Pat loved them so much, she knit one for each of her children and grand-children and planned to stuff them with a bit of cheer ($) for the holiday season!
There are only 8 unique knit kits available, so don’t hesitate to inspire a new knitter to take up the craft of knitting and at the same time support a worthwhile cause.
Joyous Knitting! Yvonne